Sunday, February 12, 2017

Also I Went to a Thing!

Hello again! I meant to post this earlier, but I guess I forgot. So here goes!

This Thursday, I was able to go to the #LetsGrow event hosted by the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce at Uber's Center of Excellence. The event involved a panel discussion of Arizona's efforts to promote entrepreneurship and business as well as the startup economyespecially emphasizing Arizona's remarkable pro-growth platform.

Suzanne Clark, U.S. Chamber Sr. Executive Vice President, and Kirk Adams, the chief of staff to Governor Doug Ducey, made up the panel members and they were both interviewed by my mentor, Glenn Hamer. I was there to take notes and attempt to give my mentor a cookie without having it fall apart all over the place, and I found the discussion really interesting. I even got the opportunity to write an article on the event for the Chamber, which was super exciting as well!

Besides honing my ability to take notes without looking at my paper, I got to meet a lot of amazing and important people who work with the Chamber at the event too. And I can even prove it! Look, it's me! With Kirk Adams! Yay!


I used a lot of exclamations in this post. Oh, well. Exclamations are fun. I hope the last few precious hours of everyone's weekend is terrifical! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment