Friday, April 14, 2017

This is The End (Almost)

Hello all you wonderful people!

I can't believe I'm almost done. I completed my internship at the Arizona Chamber of Commerce this week. And left with a cookie! I like cookies. Especially ones with chocolate. Yay! Seriously, though, I really enjoyed my internship; being able to learn from and work with all the nice people at the Chamber has been so awesome and fun and I learned so many new things and now I am sad.


And now here comes the thank you train! Are you ready? No? Oh, well.

Thank you so much to the Chamber and my mentor and all the people at the Chamber! I had so much fun pretending to be an adult and learning new things. And thank you so much to the SRP committee and my faculty adviser and to the two awesome BASIS college counselors. Also, a very big thank you to you, the people who read the blog. You are great.

You may applaud enthusiastically now.


But at least this isn't the last you'll be hearing from me! Yet. I have one more post to go before the grand goodbye (which will be oh so tearful and you will all miss my witty commentary and hilarious posts so very much, I know).

Quite honestly, I didn't do too much this week since it was more of a wrapping-up week, but I did get all my survey results in! Much fun was had analyzing survey responses and comparing them against different demographics! Much fun I tell you! I was also able to get a draft of my senior project presentation to my faculty adviser. So, really, it was a sad week, but it was a pretty productive one too. Especially considering the most productive part of the week: rewatching The Hunchback of Notre Dame (aka the best movie ever) like 40 times. Ah, yes. A very fun week. I mean sad. A very sad, indulging-in-Disney-movies kind of week.


In terms of the work I did at the Chamber, I did some research on education technology in Arizona this week. Apparently, a lot of Arizona classrooms use smart boards! Who knew?

...ok, it was probably just me that didn't know. But still! Also, the use of technology in education has increased overall in the nation. How cool! Yay! We are awesome!

But that was about it, really.

I hope you liked learning with me throughout my internship and this senior project process. I've loved sharing everything with you and it's all been very fun. I'm sorry if I frightened you with the bad (though arguably very good) jokes and all my overexcitement.

Just kidding! I'm not sorry at all. I'm sure you enjoyed all of that. Right? Right?? Anyways, all of that aside, have a really great weekend and farewell!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shreya! Your enthusiasm has always been a light in the darkness for me! I am glad you enjoyed your project so much, and I hope you continue enjoying it in the coming weeks! Thanks for teaching me all this cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shreya. It sounds like you overall had an interesting experience. With that being said, what would you consider the most exciting thing that your learned from this experience? Also, how do you think your view on this subject has changed since you started this project 10 weeks ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shreya. Your blog is always extremely entertaining. I am happy that you had fun at your Senior Research Project. What do you think was the most beneficial part of your SRP?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shreya! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time at your internship!How do you think this experience changed your future career choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shreya! Your blog was very entertaining and educating, it was very interesting to read about and fun to learn about our education system etc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shreya! Thank you so much for educating us on lobbyists and the work they do. I'll miss your blog!

    ReplyDelete